The HITSP Technical Committees (TCs) are responsible for:
- identifying and analyzing gaps and duplications within the standards industry as they related to each specific Use Case;
- providing a description of the gaps, including missing or incomplete standards;
- providing a description of all duplications, overlaps, or competition among standards for the relevant use cases;
- providing a listing of all standards that satisfy the requirements imposed by the relevant use cases as well as testing criteria that shall be used to test the standard; and
- submitting these recommendations to HITSP for review, approval and resolution.
There is no fee to participate in either HITSP or its committees, but registration as a member is required.
The HITSP organizational structure is aligned to meet the harmonization needs generated by an increasing number and expanding scope of
Use Cases and the need to maintain consistency across Interoperability Specifications and Constructs.